Skip to main content

Explore in Style With Meet My Feet

My firstborn has started to develop her sense of style.  She knows what she wants and she lets her momma know.  And I could not be happier,   even though her fashion choices may not be something that I am used to- like a floral on floral ensemble or print on print.  I posted one of her OOTD's before on The Momma Club's Instagram. Below was the caption.

"I let her choose her clothes.  She picked the floral leggings first.  Then I got a plain shirt and suggested that she wear it.  No momma, I want this, she said.  In my mind- floral on floral?  Plus it's a dress, not a blouse!  I didn't say these out loud.  Instead, I asked her again-  Are you sure?  Then I realized, who am I to dictate or decide what's beautiful or not, what is fashionable or not.  Why will I mold her into a Mini Me.  I should just let her be."

I would love it very much if my daughter gets to express herself freely through fashion even as she grows older.  After all, our fashion style should be a reflection of our personality, right? Sometimes, our kids feel restricted because of the rules we impose on them.  It should not be our aspiration as parents to mold our children into cookie cutter versions of ourselves.  

shoes for my little girls from Meet My Feet

It started with clothes, but now my firstborn has also shown her preferences for certain types/designs/colors of footwear.  Last time, I was surprised when she picked the gray rubber shoes over the pink pair.  It only means the era of I-Want-To-Wear-Only-Pink has ended.  Yey! And speaking of shoes, it's so nice that there is a shoe store inside Festival Mall and Rustan's ATC (they have other branches too, it's just that we live near these two malls) that offers a wide selection of designs.

the dainty Sierra 2 in beige 

It is important that aside from being stylish, our little ones can explore safely and comfortably in their shoes.  Based on experience, if Ate A wears shoes that fit badly, her mood gets affected also.  It's understandable.  She won't be able to play freely and explore as much as she would like to if her feet are hurting and there are blisters in the making.  So when finding the perfect pair, I watch out for any trace of discomfort when she tries on the shoes for the first time.  

We may think that choosing a pair that is a few sizes bigger than the current size is economical, but this is not safe as our kids may trip or slip if they wear footwear that are too big for them.  Meet My Feet is a shoe haven for us moms because we can buy good-quality footwear for our kids ages 0 to 12 at reasonable prices.  Moms of boys, they have shoes for your little ones as well! The price ranges from P600 to P1000+.     

sage 2 in pink

How about you moms? What are your tips when buying shoes for your little ones? Have you been to a Meet My Feet branch?  Check out their Instagram and Facebook to inquire and be updated of discounts and promos.  And of course, visit their branches to see their trendy items.  

XOXO!







Comments