Skip to main content

Why We Should Be Kinder To Other Moms

We moms should be the rays of sunshine in this sometimes crazy world. The world is harsh enough and every day, we are faced with bad news and sad news.  Things can get gloomy and nasty.  And if that’s not enough, sadly, even in the mommy world, there are conflicts and hatred going on.   

We moms must treat each other with understanding and respect.  If we do not have anything nice to say, we better keep our thoughts to ourselves.  We can always express our disagreement in a diplomatic way.  There is no need to shame other moms. If we would like to give an advice that may benefit another mom, we may opt to discuss it privately to avoid embarrassing the concerned party. 

I must admit, before I became a mom, I was less kind, less forgiving, and more judgmental.  I am just grateful that somehow motherhood has given me a little bit more patience and wisdom.  I am not saying that I am perfect and that I am nice all the time.  Sometimes, when I am tired or lacking sleep, I can get dismissive, irritable, and cranky, too.  Aren't most of us guilty of this, too?  But what is important is our intention to be a better person and a better mom each passing day.  



We can achieve greater things if we moms support each other.  Let us be generous to other moms.  A kind word, a sweet compliment, a pat on the back- these are always welcome and the world needs more of these.  You never know- you can save a life just by giving your words of encouragement or by listening or by giving a warm hug.  We do not know what each of us is going through inside our homes, our family, and our workplace.  When we meet other moms, let us try to look at things from their perspective.  After all, we moms should be our children’s role models on kindness, positivity, and gentleness. 

Let us put an end to Mommy wars.  We moms may have different ways of mothering or parenting.  We may have different beliefs and personalities.  But at the end of the day, every one of us just wants the best for our children. 



Comments

  1. On point! 😍 we never know what others may be going through! Just recently I experience being judged by a mom too! And the words she used to describe me made me question myself! And it run around my mind that entire weekend😔

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment