Skip to main content

Babywearing with Shadrach's Collection Ring Sling 

I have been wearing my baby since she was one month old.  It's been wonderful, I only wish I did it sooner.  My mom always said I was "lampa" so I was hesitant to try a carrier before, fearing I might accidentally harm my child.  I know a few moms (and non-moms too) who have the same thoughts- that carriers are too intimidating to use.

One time, when I was waiting for my firstborn to finish her trial class, I heard yayas talking about me, or the carrier rather.  Their actual conversation was in Tagalog.

Yaya 1: The baby seems to be enjoying it.  She looks cozy in her carrier.
Yaya 2: Yes, but isn't it difficult to use that? It seems intricate.

I wanted to answer but the third yaya said, "No, it just looks hard to onlookers.  But it is actually quite easy.  My old boss made me use a carrier before."  I did not catch the rest of their conversation as I had to go back to the classroom.  I was glad that Yaya No. 3 was familiar with babywearing and that in her own little way, she helped spread awareness about it.

It was only recently that we were able to hire a helper.  Babywearing helped me survive my yaya-less days.  I was able to do chores like washing the dishes and sweeping the floor while I was wearing my baby.  Please take note that I had to exercise caution while doing so.  Anyway, I shared more of my babywearing experience on The Momma Club's Website. Click here to access it.

What is babywearing?  "Babywearing is the practice of keeping your baby or toddler close and connected to you as you engage in daily activities through the use of one of a variety of types of baby carriers. It is a traditional practice in many cultures that is not widely used by modern industrialized societies, but it nonetheless has many benefits for both children and caregivers."



Because of my fascination with babywearing,  I have been interested to try other types of carrier especially the ring sling.  A ring sling is easy to put on and take off, perfect for a stay-at-home mom like me.  Shadrach’s Collection caught my interest when I saw it on my social media feed.  Though the vibrant colors of their carriers was what made me try the brand, my favorite is a plain white ring sling- the Purity.



Because it looks elegant and classy, I can pair it with any outfit.  In fact, I am planning to use it on my sister’s wedding in October.  The fabric is thick enough (important for my peace of mind) and the rings are made from imported material.  Shadrach's Collection has a new website where I found an instructional video on the proper use of ring sling.  Here's the link.


As a ring sling newbie, the challenging part for me was creating a deep seat.  I wanted to make sure I was carrying my baby correctly so I sent a picture (of me using a ring sling) to Shadrach's team.  Ms. Gladys of Shadrach's guided me accordingly and said it was good for a first-timer.  There was still room for improvement, however.  She assured me that practice makes perfect.  I learned that in babywearing, when in doubt, don't.  If you have doubts whether you are doing it the right way, you can contact Shadrach's team for guidance through their social media channels.  You may also refer below for safe babywearing tips.


Currently, Shadrach’s only sells ring slings and woven wraps.  Most are made of 100% cotton, some are 60% cotton-40% linen.  What impressed me about the Shadrach brand is the passion of the people behind it- you can see it from the very helpful and informative online brochure (complete with washing and drying tips), the tutorials, and the product itself.  Their Facebook page and IG feed are full of helpful content about their carriers and babywearing in general.



The best thing about Shadrach’s is the goodness of the mompreneur behind it.  Her vision was to help the local weaving community and she made it come true.  By supporting Shadrach’s Collection, not only do we help our babies and ourselves, we are also supporting the communities of weavers from North and South Luzon.  Owning a unique, handwoven piece from Shadrach’s means we are getting a quality product and doing our part to help preserve a part of our culture.  That makes me one proud babywearing momma!



What about you moms, what are your babywearing stories? Do you like supporting local enterprises, too?  I’d love to hear from you.  Feel free to leave a comment.

XOXO!

Jay










Comments

  1. Wow ang gaganda ng rs talaga ni.shadrach. panay browse ako nun kakatingin ang ganda. Malaking bagay kapag babywear si lo gaya ko na pang3rd baby ko nadadala ko sya sa school ni eldest kasama si toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fb name: Love Fullido Compoc
    Join po

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunny Ariola Gloriane
    Sa gaya ko nanay na may 18months old na anak mahirap talaga na walang SSC na gamit, ang hirap nia lalot mag mall kame, malaking tulong talaga kase kahit mag ikot ka ng mag ikot sa mall ok lang with the help of may SSC, pero this time gusto ko din ma try gumamit ng ringsling kase never ko pa xa talaga natry bukod sa di ako marunong kung pano xa gamitin. hope ma guide nio po ako. maraming salamat po and more power sa inyong lahat. god bless us all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sa totoo lang nakatry nako ng SHADRACHS (coffee date meet up with the owner of Shadrach Ms.Jhen) pero di pa ko nakakabili. Gustong gusto ko yun Goddess of beauty wrap nila,kaso biglaan nagkaproblema nun time na nag iipon nako para dito. Anyway, ringsling is the best carrier na on the go na fits sa maliit na bag. next sa woven wrap. nakaka diosa ang peg. need lang ng patience and practice when using these type of carrier. May mga video tutioral sa Shadrach collection group. Join kayo mga mommies. in wrap naman. pwedeng pwede nila kayo turuan, sali kayo minsan sa mga coffee date. may free trial dun ng mga Shadrachs carrier. Need mo lang to know anung size ang fit sayo para mas madali ang pag wrap mo at maging komportable si baby. I prefer short wrap size 3. im slim and sa tingin ko un yung pinaka best size for me. -TAMIKO YUMIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sa totoo lang nakatry nako ng SHADRACHS (coffee date meet up with the owner of Shadrach Ms.Jhen) pero di pa ko nakakabili. Gustong gusto ko yun Goddess of beauty wrap nila,kaso biglaan nagkaproblema nun time na nag iipon nako para dito. Anyway, ringsling is the best carrier na on the go na fits sa maliit na bag. next sa woven wrap. nakaka diosa ang peg. need lang ng patience and practice when using these type of carrier. May mga video tutioral sa Shadrach collection group. Join kayo mga mommies. in wrap naman. pwedeng pwede nila kayo turuan, sali kayo minsan sa mga coffee date. may free trial dun ng mga Shadrachs carrier. Need mo lang to know anung size ang fit sayo para mas madali ang pag wrap mo at maging komportable si baby. I prefer short wrap size 3. im slim and sa tingin ko un yung pinaka best size for me. -TAMIKO YUMIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. A proud babywearing mom here! My first carrier is Saya but eventually my baby became bigger and bigger each day so I switch to another brand. I'm currently using Bebear and Picolo with the same color hahaha (Picolo was a gift from my tita) they look identical the difference is in the hip strap. If given a chance I want to try Shadrach's ring sling too. FB: Vashti Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I'll be the recipient of this very beautiful ring slings! it would be my first ♥

    Facebook Name: Nicole Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm 8 mos preggy and I am really interested with baby wearing. Thanks for inspiring mommies to babywear. .Done sharing. fb name: Dianne Rendon Mendoza

    ReplyDelete
  9. I share the same thoughts regarding babywearing. It seemed very hard to learn when I first heard about it but when I wore my youngest for the first time (also used a Shadrach's), I fell in love at first try and I wished that I have done it as well with my first two children. I hope that the negative impression that most moms feel about this wonderful parenthood technique will be replaced with inspiration to feel confident in giving it a try. Thank you for sharing this blog, Mommy Jayreen. Keep inspiring and Happy Babywearing! :) - Myrrel Mae Serrano

    ReplyDelete
  10. Babywearing is a priceless experience. Thank God for babywearing. Thank you Shadrachs for the experience. ❤️
    - Mayang Villar Dumaguin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love babywearing, it helps me alot. I am sahm, no helper I do online selling. I can do almost anything while carrying/breastfeeding my child, like cooking, wash dishes, do laundry, iron clothes, fetch my child at her school, attend school activities , I even attended my son's elementary graduation while babywearing. Sometimes I tandem babywear, when my now 9mos old was a newborn and nobody can watch after my toddler and I have to attend some events of my preschooler.
    There were times I travel with my baby on PNR train to divisoria for my online selling.
    I couldn't imagine myself doing all of these before I learnel how to babywear.
    Shirnes Bate Pagampang.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! Here's my babywearing story, btw ergo po gamit namin hindi rs or wrap :) etong ssc nabili ko lang sa ukay idk kung auth. pero laking tulong sakin, nagamit ko pa sa panganay ko to nung 9mos sya ngaun 3yr5mos na sya gamit naman namin ni bunso 10mos :) sa umaga pumapasok anak ko kasama si bunso nka carrier, laking tulong lalo pag may sumpong si bunso at madami gawain sa bahay nka back carry lang sya natatapos ko lahat ng mga dapat gawin :)
    ps. fan po ako ng shadrach ����
    FB Name: Danica Malou Balagtas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Babywearing has helped me accomplish household chores, too. I am so grateful I learned about it and have been babywearing starting from my eldest up to now with our 3rd child. I don't think I could survive without a baby carrier. ❤️

    FB name: Em Cielo M Grlan

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is as good as the normal carrier!! šŸ˜šŸ˜˜ GoodJob Shadrach's Collection!! Godbless.
    Fb Name: Rose Jastene Cedron RiƱa

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a soon-to-be-mom, I always believe that baby wearing is a wonderful way to bond with one's baby at the same time the most practical way to get things done around or outside the house without sacrificing the need of baby to be near you. ♥️

    Truly, owning one of Shadrach's Baby Wearing is a must gift for every parent. ♥️

    FB: @Dawn Nicah

    ReplyDelete
  16. FB: Issah Dabatos

    Babywearing mommy here! My first carrier is a handwoven ringsling made in Baguio.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always wanted one from Shadrach's collection. Hintay pa ako ng iba pang mga kulay. Soon as I get a chance to browse through their albums some more, bibili ako ng isa. I have been wearing my baby since she turned 3 weeks old. It took me just a few tries to finally "get it" and from them on, everything's easy as pie from putting one on to taking it off, even when maneuvering my baby into a comfortable position so I can breastfeed while babywearing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We've been babywearing since my LO's turned 3mos until now she's 17mos and I am really dying to get my hands to one of Shadrach's RS or Wrap �� Really hoping to win these! Thankyouuuu ❤

    FB Name: Jenny Torres - Bellido

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how babywearing help me in raising my kids. Now that I have two kids under 2years old, babywearing always saves me in everything. Tame a clingy toddler. Doing house chores with a little one on my back. Things made easy for me. Thanks God I discovered babywearing.
    Fb name: Gem Combis

    ReplyDelete
  20. Grabe ang ganda nito! Would love to have this! ������

    Liezel Joy CaƱon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! Thank you for the opportunity❤ Ring Sling is perfect to my daughter and me as well. And thank you for sharing your thoughts about Baby Wearing. Wishing my luck �� Good luck to everyone ��

    Fb: KM Cayanan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fb name: Liz Bobier Tabs

    My first carrier was an ergobaby original ssc. But due to the humid weather here in Ph, we seldom used it (usually inside an air-conditioned establishment only). I already knew the benefits of babywearing so I had my research and Shadrach's Co was one of the highly recommended by my fellow moms in terms of rs and wraps. I bought my very first rs from them just last week (arrived 28th of July) and true enough, it was love at first sight. Soft even not yet broken in. I practiced and practiced as well as my husband and we both enjoyed using it. Specially myself. Hihi. Breastfeeding hands free has never been this easy and convenient. I can do the housechores at the same time, my clingy patootie enjoys while being carried. We are both happy. �� I hope I can win the purity ringsling so that my collection will grow and I am planning to have them holidayed by my co-mommies who would want to try and discover the benefits and convenience of having this type of carrier. ��

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love shadrach aside sa local siya they have lovely designs na i keep on stalking sa page nila.now i have my 3rd child, babywearing is a helpful thing tlaga.

    ReplyDelete
  24. FB NAME: MICHELLE TERO RODRIGUEZ

    ReplyDelete
  25. Im new to Babywearing. Started to wear my eldest when hes 2yo already. Kung alam ko lang sana noon pa gumamit na kamr ng carrier. Very useful. Lalo na sa part ni H. Tuwang tuwa sya ng nakagamit ng carrier si lo. Di na daw masakit likod niya kapag karga niya si lo. Now, im 6mos pregnant. Eyeing for a RS. Our carrier is not suitable for nb kase. - Sarah Jane Alvarado Capuno

    ReplyDelete
  26. We are yaya-less, so working around the house and keeping things in order is not that easy with a kid that constantly needs your attention. Babywearing helps a great deal, not only do i have my hands free but we get to share that close bonding that attachment parenting gives. ❤
    - Hazelle Marie Duran Buluran

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would really wantbto experience Shadrach's Collection specially now that have 1 school age, 1 toddler, and 1 3 month old baby. I also have No yaya that is why I really can relate to this blog so much. I really pray to win One Shadrach's Collection and experience the level up comfort and benefits of babywearing.

    Chireydel Ebido
    Ledyerich ohcag odibe

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so happy reading this blog post since it gives me assurance that there are mommies like you who are more than willing to share their experiences specially in babywearing. I would really love to have a Shadrach's Collection because it will help me in my everyday life. Now that I have 1 five-year old daughter, a 3 year old Son, and a 3 month old daughter. I don't have yaya also so everyday is really a great challenge for me. I'm praying to win and have Shadrach's Collection and experience everything that you wrote. Thank you and Shalom!

    FB Name: ledyerich ohcag odibe

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love babywearing.
    FB Name: Jhoan Fariscal-Pasco

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love babywearing.
    FB name: Jhoan Fariscal-Pasco

    ReplyDelete
  31. A good friend of mine lent me her Shadrach's ring sling so I can try it for my two months old baby and get the feel of it. Hubby was hesitant to use it then because it looks complicated and all but he was so amazed the first time we used it on our baby while on the mall. Our darling baby slept comfortably while we wore her. This made her in a good mood just in time for her newborm shoot then. I returned the ring sling to my friend after a few weeks so the next time we went to the mall we were just carrying her in our arms which is soo difficult because she's a chubby baby + the fact that she got fussy. Right after going home my husband told me we need a ring sling but it's not something we can afford now since momma (me) resigned from her job to take care of baby. Hoping to win this since this is really a part of our wish list.
    FB name: Erika Jane C. Viray

    ReplyDelete
  32. I always dream to have this Ring Sling. nakikita q na to sa iba and it looks like comfortable to a baby especially na manganganak nko sa 2nd child q on the first week of october. . Before gamit q sa eldest q (now is 4yr.old) is ung carrier ng kapatid q. 4mos ata sya nun nung ginamit q sa knya ksi may pupuntahn kmi. mdyo maliit ung anak ko so feeling ko ndi sya komportable dahil natatakpan ung buo nyang katawan pti ulo, at panay ang galaw nya . One time, naglalakd kmi hbng nasa carrier sya bgal nlng sya umiyak na prng ndi sya makahinga.. namuti ung labi nya then ung hands nya, pag tanggal ko s kanya sa crrier dun lang bumalik ung kulay nya at tumahan na sya. so na realized q maybe sa carrier nga, that momwnt ndi q na sya ginamitan ng carrier ... I hope ma try q ang Ring sling para sa 2nd child q.��
    THANK YOU��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment