Skip to main content

How to Go Matchy Matchy With Your Kid

Do you like going matchy matchy with your kid?

I started late in the twinning game.  I only bought matchy matchy outfits for me and Arya when she was a little over 1 year old.  To date, we only have around 20 twinning outfits- definitely not a lot to be considered a hard core "twinning" mom.  

At first, I was hesitant to wear the exact clothes as my daughter. Why?  Well because I was shy.  Also, I did not know where to purchase those outfits- I was not active on Instagram that time.  I was also worried that it would look corny if I "twin" with Arya.  But I discovered that my daughter actually enjoyed it.  And every time we go "twinning", she is delighted to have the same clothes as her momma.



A few years from now, Arya would not be thrilled to go matchy matchy with me anymore.  So I will indulge myself (occasionally) before that time comes, and while Arya still thinks her mom is cool.  Hahaha!

I intend not to overdo it because I would prefer that my daughter develop her own sense of style.  What I plan to do is I would let her choose her outfit, then if I have anything in my closet that matches the color, style, or pattern of her outfit of choice, then twinning time it is!  

Arya has the same exact pair, but we forgot to pack it

Another way we can go matchy matchy is through our footwear and other accessories.

Kelly backpacks from Sara Bella 

Look at these matchy matchy bags from Sara Bella.  They belong to my sister and her son Jaden.  Hey, Mom and son can go matchy matchy, too!  Sara Bella is a local brand of bags for modern moms- they have such stylish designs.  Plus you can request to have your bags personalized, too.  

Inside the Sara Bella bag

Hmmm, I might decide to do some full-blown matchy matchy with Arya one of these days- same clothes, same footwear, and same bag.  Yay or Nay? 😊


How about you, mommas?  I would love to hear your stories and see your twinning pics.  Feel free to share.

XOXO


You may check out Sara Bella bags through their Instagram account
 @sarabellaph
https://www.instagram.com/sarabellaph/

You may check out Little Big Feet matchy footwear via Instagram
@littlebigfeetph

https://www.instagram.com/littlebigfeetph/






  

Comments