Skip to main content

Baby Number 2 Gender Reveal

When I was finally approaching the second trimester, I was so hopeful.  They say second trimester is a breeze.  Of course, this is not true for all mothers- every pregnancy is unique.  In fact, for my first pregnancy, the nausea and morning sickness did not go away during the second trimester.  I am really grateful that this time, my experience is a lot better.  For me, the best thing about second trimester is feeling the baby's movements in my tummy.

Second trimesters also mean getting a Congenital Anomaly Scan (CAS) and taking an Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT).  Days before my 22nd week, I was anxious and worried about the ultrasound undergoing the lab tests.  My dad has diabetes.  At the second and last trimester of my first pregnancy, I was on a strict diet as I had to regulate my blood sugar.   As for the Congenital Anomaly Scan, I think almost every mom worries about it at one point.  It may be embarrassing to admit, but I even had a nightmare about it.  Unlike me, my husband was very positive.  He said he sure that everything would be alright.

We had the CAS and 2nd trimester scan done at a clinic in the mall.  Aside from being recommended by my OB, I chose to have it done there because of the facilities.  The mall was not crowded, too.  I needed to consider this because my husband wanted to go with me, which meant we also had to bring our toddler.  I could have opted to do it in the hospital wherein it was a bit cheaper, but I did not want to risk my toddler being exposed to viruses.

The ultrasound was done in less than an hour.  Praise God that our baby is completely healthy, and super malikot.  The OB kept on repeating that the baby was very active.  Haha!  The baby listened to Momma and the doctor's request to change position so a better picture of the gender could be taken.

My Gender Reveal Cake by Mom's Confection by SAC

"Say hello to your baby sister,"  the OB said to our Ate Arya.  So yes, we're having a baby girl!  Watch out for my next blog post, I will be sharing more about our reaction to this news.

It's a girl! 

What about you, mommas?  I'd love to hear your experiences.  How did you feel about your baby's gender?  Were you able to successfully predict it?



"An anomaly scan, also known as a mid-pregnancy scan, takes a close look at your baby and your womb (uterus). The person carrying out the scan (sonographer) will check that your baby is developing normally, and look at where the placenta is lying"

"A glucose tolerance test is a common type of testing for potential gestational diabetes. There are several tests intended to identify gestational diabetes in pregnant women."

You may get in touch with Mom's Confection by SAC through
https://www.facebook.com/mcbysac/
IG: @momsconfection_bysac

Comments

Post a Comment