Skip to main content

Being a Mom

It's hard to put in words exactly what being a mom means to me.  Being a mom means being strong and weak at the same time.  As a mom, there are instances when I put on a strong facade when deep inside I am so achingly vulnerable.  Being a mom is a constant struggle between being hopeful and fearful.  I try my best to be hopeful that all things will go well for my child, but there are times I can't help but worry that this world may not be a good place for her to grow up in.  Being a mom means learning about kindness, compassion, and patience all over again every single day. Most of the time, being a moms means being dog-tired but happy.   Last but not the least, being a mom is a GIFT and I wouldn't trade it for anything.


Comments

  1. Aw. Relate much! Haha Being a mom drives me crazy most of the time, but I would definitely not trade it for anything in this world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a mom is not a responsibility or a role. Motherhood makes us be the person we are today. Yes, it is a gift and such precious gift from above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time mom here and I also feel your struggles. Salute to all moms out there.

    Www.chubs10182014.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate huhu. I am glad I have a support group to go to whenever I feel bad or sad. Salute to all moms who always do their best to be a good mom for their family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a heart-warming post there mommy! Being a mom is a lot of things but we can all do that because we are powered by love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I was born to be a mom. Not all moms were like that. We are blessed if we are one of those who truly embrace motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is not easy to be a mom but seeing my kids smile and hear them say they love you is something that i would treasure everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a child took me on a rollercoaster ride. I was clueless that so much joy and pain in the said experience can be so fulfilLing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think motherhood is really very dynamic. Sometimes, I feel relaxed then suddenly I worry about a lot of things. Motherhood isn't really for the faint-hearted that's for sure. I love your line " dog-tired but happy". We all need a good nap,don't we?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment