Skip to main content

Momma Shares: Self-Care in the New Normal

Momma Shares: Self-Care in the New Normal One of the goals that I set at the start of the year was to take care of myself more. I wanted 2021 to be a better year for me and my family despite all the negative events and things happening around us. I thought that if I wanted to improve my life, I need to start with myself because- how could I give my best and work towards my goals if I am not feeling great within, right?
The pandemic has brought stress and worry to a lot of people, including myself, especially during the first few months of the lockdown. I must admit it has somehow taken a toll on my appearance and health. But as time went by, things got a little bit clearer. The situation has improved little by little. The companies stepped up and have learned to adjust to the new normal. Thanks to those who continually step up and level up their game, the situation does not seem uncertain anymore. Now we know that we can still avail our supplies from our favorite stores because of the convenience of mobile apps. Technology is a real life saver in this time of pandemic. One of my favorites is Grab. I use it almost everyday! I don't have to worry about sending my hubby for errands to buy things for me because I can just order stuff online. Do you think you are overdue for some relaxation and pampering? Well, I am. But at least getting my health and beauty essentials from Watsons is now more convenient because of GrabMart! Taking care of myself does not have to take a backseat. If I want to be a good mother to my children, I need to be kind to myself and indulge in the things I enjoy doing.
Even before the pandemic, I really enjoy shopping at Watsons because of the wide selection of their products. The quality of the items are good, too! From hair care to skin care and body care, and even vitamins- I can find the things I need from Watsons. For those of you who are into products made from natural ingredients and are very particular about BPA-free products and the likes, their selection will impress you. Can you spot your staples in this photo? Do you also use ointment for those body aches and pains? Doing chores in the house can make our muscles sore, and at this age I bet we can benefit from using balms and ointment. I even like the smell of these products- I find the scent therapeutic. Of course, we should not neglect our health now more than ever, with the threat of catching the covid virus and all. Taking our vitamins must be done religiously. Good thing I can easily replenish my Watsons essentials because GrabMart is just a click away. Just because I am always staying at home does not mean that I don't have to be diligent about my hygiene anymore. Look at these things that can help a momma feel fresh and clean all day long. Most of my self care regimen is now DIY because I avoid going out of the house unless it's really necessary. I cut my own hair and I also use hair treatment every now and then. I realized I haven't gotten any facial treatment since 2020! I try to make up for it by using facial products such as sheet masks. All of these can be found at Watsons. It's really amazing that they carry a lot of quality products that won't break the bank.
How about you? How do you take care of yourself? What are your beauty and health staples? Feel free to share in the comment section! Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

Comments