Skip to main content

How To Deal With Negative Emotions

Sometimes, even if we try to be a positive and a good person, we might still encounter or be caught up in conflicts.  The sad thing about it is that we have no control over these issues or to people around us who might have caused these problems, intrigues, and gossip.

Conflicts can make us tired and leave a heavy feeling in our chest.  There are some people who thrive or might be indifferent to arguments and conflicts.  On the other hand, most people that I know do not like being dragged into drama and negativity.

How should we deal with negative emotions? Bottling up our feelings will not do good to our health.  At the same time, lashing out in anger and saying hurtful things is definitely not the way to go.  We need to acknowledge our emotions and at the same time, not dwell on it.  Confusing, right?

What works for me is doing breathing exercises and distracting myself with worthwhile activities.  It also helps to  channel our energy on a task or an outlet such as a hobby or a project.

Arya is excited for Momma's project
I myself have been under stress and fatigue lately, so I will start working on this doll house from Alyanna's Nook to keep my mind off things.  The other moms said that this can be quite therapeutic.  I am planning to collect the other designs for Arya (and me-hahaha).

How about you, Mommas?  Hope you are doing okay emotionally.  Feel free to chat with me if you would like to share your experience about dealing with negative emotions.  Thank you in advance.




Comments

  1. Yes, yes! The no-fail inhale all the GV and exhale the BV. Reading this blog actually works for me. Makes me feel less lonesome knowing all these surges of "feel bad" hormones is something that occurs to most if not all mommas. But at times when the frustration is too much to bear, the ol good prayer and meditation do wonders as always. Speaking of meditation, there's this in-app 'yoga for moms' sesh we can enjoy for free from daily yoga app. Mommas' must try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment